Stephen Morris, Information Technology Leader in Career Transition Seeking New Opportunity
Stephen Morris is a progressive technical leader with extensive experience in managing large scale IT enterprise environments. Proficient in leading and focusing multidisciplinary technical teams to provide value to meet the organization goals and objectives. Have worked in both startup and Fortune 500 firms working with a diverse set of customers. Key strength is correlating IT operations with business needs through problem solving and effective IT strategy.
Stephen Morris's Background
Stephen Morris's Experience
Director, Product Operations, Software Customer Services, Enterprise Imaging Informatics at Philips Healthcare
March 2008 - January 2013 | San Francisco Bay Area
Global responsibility for production customer operations environment and technical infrastructure supporting over 14,000 servers and 500 customers. Responsible for overall strategy and execution for field management, implementation services for mission-critical clinical radiology systems application (iSite PACS) supporting our managed service model offering.
• Managed a 50 person team comprised of technical staff to support technical infrastructure and field implementation services with 10 direct reports including five senior managers and individual contributors
• Defined enabling virtualization platform business case from concept initiation through operational readiness to support managed service delivery model resulting in 25% annual hardware savings.
• Managed removal of legacy hardware and WIN2K as part of technology lifecycle program
• Responsible for two cost centers with over a total $10 million operating budget
• Proactively designed organization structure to support business needs. Team composition:
• Customer integration (HL7) - Integration with hospital and radiology information systems
• Archiving and Migration - Management over 8 PB of medical image data, DICOM, iSyntax
• Network Operations - Management, monitoring, implementation of small carrier sized network
• Field Delivery and Deployment- build and implementation of technical solution in the field
• Data Center Operations – Managed 5 data centers including disaster recovery
• Field Management - System management discipline for field including product upgrades.
Sr. Systems Engineering Manager at The TriZetto Group
August 2005 - March 2008 | Greater Boston Area
Responsible for the overall design and operation of production hosted technical environment SaaS clinical environment for healthcare insurance providers. Managed multidisciplinary technical services group which supported CareAdvance Enterprise software development.
• Managed a seven-person team comprised of technical staff to support CareAdvance development
• Designed and managed a 300+ VMWARE ESX 3.0 environment and 65 server technical infrastructure
• Designed EMC Clariion environment to support demo and development
• Managed high availability hosting environment at ATT data center including EMC DMX800, F5 Big IP
• Integrated demo, training and exploratory environments with CareAdvance Enterprise and Facets
• Managed production hosting operations for client supporting a member population of 8 million members
• Implemented custom WAN integration solution with 3rd party vendor MEDecision
• Created multiple DMZ environments which support external customers and clinical content development
Information Systems Manager at Carekey, Inc.
August 2004 - August 2005 | Greater Boston Area
Responsible for the CareKey Inc. corporate technical infrastructure. Managed hosting practice which supported several clients including a healthcare provider with a member population of 8 million members.
• Managed a three-person team comprised of technical staff and helpdesk personnel
• Responsible for 35 server development environment
• Developed Best Practices for maintenance and administration of CareKey application including security, installation and related administrative documentation
• Coordinated and implemented technical integration between CareKey, Inc. and Trizetto Group Inc.
District Network Manager at Framingham Public Schools System
August 2002 - August 2004 | Greater Boston Area
Responsible for the overall design and operation of a school district’s Windows 2000/2003 production environment and Cisco based wide area network supporting 2,500 school staff and 6000 students.
• Managed a four-person team comprised of technical staff and helpdesk personnel
• Responsible for 65 Windows Dell servers across 17 sites including Macintosh client integration
• Designed and managed a 5000+ port switched network consisting of Catalyst 6500s, 4000s, 2950s, in-line power voice switches, PIX firewall, Gigabit fiber WAN and dual T-1 Internet connectivity
• Deployed a Cisco IP telephony solution across 5 sites supporting 500 end users
• Implemented an Exchange 2003 clustered environment for student e-mail.
• Implemented ISCSI storage array enabling centralized file management.
• Performed extensive restructuring of dual forest, Active Directory design to optimize management
Principal Consultant at American Management Systems (AMS)
September 1994 - May 2002 | Various
Engagements while at American Management Systems:
• Illinois Department of Children and Families - Principal 2000 - 2002
Infrastructure group manager responsible for the design, operation and function of a large-scale Internet-based production and development environment supporting 8500 users.
• Connecticut Department of Children & Families -Team Lead Hartford, CT 1998-2000
Managed an $8.5 million dollar upgrade of a statewide Windows NT network architecture supporting 3,500 end users from concept through implementation.
• Bank of Montreal -Team Lead Toronto, ON 1998-1998
Managed the Y2K assessment and remediation phases of four revenue-generating systems. Coordinated efforts among multiple internal and external stakeholders toward Y2K system compliance. Resulting in successful Y2K compliance of bank systems.
• ServiceEdge-Technical Analyst Boston, MA 1997-1998
Designed and implemented the technical architecture for a new HVAC service company. This three-tier architecture included Wennsoft’s and Great Plains Dynamic’s software, Microsoft SQL server, with Microsoft Office front end.
• Boston Regional Office - Technical Analyst Boston, MA 1994-1997
Managed a 250-node Novell 3.12/Windows NT network. Supported 100 consultants both in-house and on-travel. Designed and implemented AMS’s Boston Regional office technical infrastructure.
Stephen Morris's Education
1990 – 1994
Concentration: Management Information Systems, Finance
Stephen Morris's Interests & Activities
Information technology, peer to peer marketplace, hiking